8.16.2005

natasha bedingfield... the good, the bad and the ugly (lyrics that is)

so she's impressed me. and distressed me. but we won't talk about the latter point. here's one song that rocked my freaking socks off. couldn't have said it better myself:

I Bruise Easily

My skin is like a map
of where my heart has been
And i cant hide the marks
but its not a negative thing
So i let down my guard
drop my defenses down by my clothes
I'm learning to fall
with no safety net to cushion the blow


I bruise easily
so be gentle when you handle me
Theres a mark you leave
Like a love heart carved on a tree
I bruise easily
Cant scratch the surface
without moving me underneath
I bruise easily...

I found your fingerprints
on a glass of wine
Do you know you're leaving them
all over this heart of mine too
But if i never take this leap of faith
I'll never know
So im learning to fall
with no safety net to cushion the blow


I bruise easily
so be gentle when you handle me
Theres a mark you leave
Like a love heart carved on a tree
I bruise easily
Cant scratch the surface
without moving me underneath
I bruise easily...

Anyone who can touch you
can hurt you or heal you
Anyone who can reach you
can love you or leave you


So be gentle...

I bruise easily
so be gentle when you handle me
Theres a mark you leave
Like a love heart carved on a tree
I bruise easily
Cant scratch the surface
without moving me underneath
I bruise easily...

another good one, not as good, but good just the same. really it is as good. good in a different way. okay i'll stop talking now.

Unwritten

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you can not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions


Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten


I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way


Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you can not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions


Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten


Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you can not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions


Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten...






i'll post about the WEDDING soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home