4.17.2005

Serenading Saturday!

so we really out-did ourself this time... we've created a ritual- and we named it Serenading Saturday! if you can't tell by lookin at the pictures, it's where we walk around Cynthiana with guitars and talk to ppl. if you think that sounds lame, you are just no fun, my dear.

it all started as Beth and I taking an innocent walk to Kaleb's house before prom started (b/c we planned to watch prom, yea we're dorks). we soon got information that told us Ashley was laying out on her trampoline. sooo we decided we'd all walk down to her house, sneak up on her and spray her with water!

on our way we thought of our best plan ever- walkin through town with guitars for no reason!

and then we had our first encounter- ppl sitting outside their house were like- hey play us something! me and beth were like we can't, but he can! and he almost didn't do it... but the woman offered him a dollar, so he played. it was great- they told him he should be on American Idol!

so when we got to Ashley's house she was jumping on the trampoline with her sister... we had to think on our feet. we hid in the bushes and Kaleb started playin guitar really really loudly. Ashley was like what the heck is that? and then we like ran out from the bushes... it was fun stuff.

so she decided to come with us, and she brought the guitar Dave gave her! so we just started walking, not really knowing where we were going, when Kaleb's phone rings. and it's David Houg and he's at Ken's. so we walk down to Ken's to meet up with him.

when we get to Ken's parking lot there a woman sitting in her car and she sees us and she's like hey! play me a tune. so Kaleb and David play for her and she's all into it and she's dancing and stuff. and then when they finished playin she was like- My name's Violet and you look me up when you start a band, I'll be a big fan!

and then... ppl in a van wanted us to play for them. so kaleb and david played them a lil something... but i don't think the van ppl appreciated it nearly enough, man! and their lil kid kept yellin Kid Rock! or something that closely resembled that... and they were like we don't know any kid rock! so we ventured inside Ken's.

Beth and I had Kaleb's shirts on and I wanted to take my shirt off underneath it, so I went in the bathroom and did that and when I came out I realized I didn't have anywhere to put my shirt! so Ashley was like, stick it in your back pocket! and that is exactly what I did. it kept hitting my leg and I'd be like wtf?! but then I'd remember!

so after goofing off for a lil while we picked up some Ale8 and 2 things of donuts! when we got outside we needed to open our Ale8s... so we tried to use Beth's belt buckle cause it has one built-in. but that didn't work very well... but Ashley is a smart cookie and she realized there was an Ale8 machine (equipped with a bottle opener!) then we wanted to be stupid and try to feed eachother Ale8... which wasn't really successful- but atleast no one got an Ale8 drenched shirt, eh? and then this kid named Aaron came up and talked to Kaleb. he was with Ryan Taylor. he played Ashley's guitar and then took a picture for us and then we really had to go home cause it was like dark!

so we walked Ashley home and we decided to eat some donuts and jump on the trampoline before we left. we ended up stayin there for like a half an hour just goofin off. then we needed to go so we decided to walk with the boys up to Kaleb's. we walked like the entire way just through the middle of the street, and we stopped and stop signs like we were a car... but then somebody tried to run over us! so we got on the sidewalk.

when we got to Kaleb's we realized we didn't want to walk back by ourself... so we chilled at Kaleb's for like an hour. we watched prom for a lil bit and called Giles (who is an ASSHOLE, which I learned at that moment) and told him to get in front of the camera. we watched the crowning- I really wanted Betsy and Jon to win, that would of been awesome... but Nikki and Jesse are good, too! the boys finally decided to walk us home, to NeNe's that is.

and that, my friend, is the end. summer is definitely here, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home